TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TELEHEALTH VISIT
At Advanced Telehealth, we want to ensure that you have the best experience possible. In order for this to happen, we have created a helpful guide for you to follow in preparing for your Telehealth visit with our expert Doctors. Whether you are taking your visit on a desktop, tablet, or smartphone – we are here to help you through this process.
BEFORE YOUR TELEHEALTH VISIT
When choosing which device to use for your Telehealth Visit (desktop, tablet, smartphone) – Ensure that you know how to use your equipment.
* If you are using a desktop, make sure that you have video capabilities, your sound is turned on, and you have a functioning microphone for our doctors to hear you.
* If you are using a laptop, make sure that you connect your charger even if you have full battery, you are connected to your home WiFi Network, and your volume is turned up,
* If you are using a smartphone, make sure it is at least half way charged, you are connected to your home WiFI Network, your volume is turned up, and you know how to switch camera views so that you can see yourself on the screen (also known as selfie mode)
Prepare a quiet, private, well-lit area to take your Telehealth visit. Our doctors will be going over private information about your health records.
* We want to make sure you feel comfortable going over your health records along with private information regarding your visit. We ensure that each Telehealth visit occurs in a private area of our clinic with just you and our doctor. To keep it private, we request that you are the only person in the room during your appointment.
* There is a possibility we will ask you to switch positions or stand during your appointment
* Be sure there is enough light in the room for our doctors to see you. Do your best to avoid having your back towards a bright window as this will cause the video to be dark.
AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- At the time of your appointment, your provider will send you either an email or a text message asking you to fill out a consent form to proceed with the Telehealth visit through GoToMeeting
- A Telehealth Medical Assistant (MA) will call you prior to your appointment to perform a test run on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. This is to ensure your WiFi, camera, and microphone are working properly.
Reduce any distractions by turning off other devices such as TV’s and radios.
- If you are able to, use a headset. This will help our doctors hear you clearly and for you to hear them.
- Enjoy your Telehealth visit with our expert doctors!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, video capability is required for a Telehealth visit
If you plan on doing your Telehealth visit with your tablet, ipad, or phone – the app will be required to join the meeting. However, if you are using a desktop or laptop, you do not have to download the app.
Patients will receive an invitation link at the time of their appointment, not before. Please be ready to receive a text message or an email with an invitation link around your appointment time.
Yes, an electronic or paper consent form is required prior to your Telehealth visit.
Yes, our telehealth visits are HIPAA compliant.